Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need a floor plan or a lot before I meet with you?
You do not need to have a floor plan or a lot selected to begin working with us. In many cases, we can save our clients hours of wasted time and money by narrowing down our search criteria before selections are made.
How do you determine the price?
The base price is determined by the home’s square footage…and standard features list…. Although some builders use “allowances” we don’t follow this practice…
Can I use any lender of my choice?
Yes, you have the flexibility to use any lender you wish. If you don’t have a lender currently, we’ll be happy to refer you to one of our trusted mortgage partners. Use this mortgage calculator to determine monthly payments, view repayment charts and more.
How much time should we plan for the entire process?
The typical Keene Home runs 4 to 8 months from plan design to move-in date.
Do you offer a home warranty?
KHI Lafayette is proud to offer the 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty. Your new home will have the premier protection available through an insurance-backed, third party new home warranty program. Visit www.2-10.com for more information.
What if I have a home to sell?
Many of our clients work with us to time the sale of an existing home with the construction of new one. We can write your purchase agreement with a contingency based on the sale of your current home. Once you have removed this contingency we’ll be ready to begin construction on your new home.
• 9′ Ceilings Standard
• 6 Audio Visual Outlets
• Raised Panel Intelior Doors
• 3 interior paint colors
• Semi-Gloss White Trim Paint
• Schlage Door Hardware
• Decorative Lighting Package
• Ventilated Closet Shelving
• Frieze & Textured Carpet
• 8 lb Carpet Pad
• Mohawk Tru Resilient sheet flooring w/fiberglass backing system
• Smooth Drywall on Walls & Knock Down Ceilings
• Water Softener Pre-Plumb
• Ice Maker Line Pre-Plumb
• 16″ O.C. Stud Spacing
• Garage Interior Drywall Finished & Painted
• Wood Shelving @ Pantry
• Porch Lights by Front Door and Patio Door
• 2 Frost-proof Hose Bibb
• Rough Grade of Disturbed Area
• .044 Vinyl Siding
• Vinyl Soffit
• Aluminum Fascia
• Prefinished Vinyl Shutters per Plan
• Seamless Aluminum Gutters w/ Downspouts and Splash Blocks
• Poured Concrete Driveway and Service Walk. Public Walk per subdivision requirements.
• Pre-painted Raised Panel Insulated Steel Garage Door Wayne Dalton 9100 Series
• 2 Weatherproof Electrical Outlets
• Therma Tru Smoothstar Insulated Front Entry Door
• Insulated House to Garage Door
• 6′ Sliding Glass Patio Door
• Schlage Exterior Door Hardware
• 30 year Dimensional Fiberglass Shingles
• Garage Door Opener Pre-wire
• Garage Coach Lights
• OSB Extetior
• House Wrap
• Engineered Floor Trusses
Energy Comfort Features
• 50 Gal lon Gas Water Heater
• 95% Gas Furnace w/Returns in all Bedrooms 13 Seer A/C
• 200 Amp Electric Service
• Vinyl Single Hung Low-E Argon filled (Energy Efficient) Windows
• Insulated Foundation System
• Energy Star Rating
• Flash n Batt Insulation System
• Birch Flat Panel Cabinets
• Stainless Steel Double-Bowl Kitchen Sink (8″)
• Smooth Top Electric Range/Dishwasher/Microwave & Side x Side Refrigerator
• Stainless Steel Delta Faucet
• Bader Garbage Disposal
• Ultra-Top Traditional Countertops
• Birch Flat Panel Cabinets
• Delta Faucets
• Plate Glass Vanity Mirrors
• Single control pressure balanced tub/shower valves
• Cultured Marble Tops
• 19″ Bathroom Sinks
• Gerber Round Toilets
• Fiberglass Tub/Showers